Re: shlib symbolic link to optional lib in lib<foo>-dev ?

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 11:00:24AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > The debug variant is compiled with -O1 (the normal/optimized variant
> > with -O2) and the debug variant has many checks (assertions).
>
> With recent gcc, it's better to use -Og for that.  That level of
> optimization is made to use only optimizations that don't interfere with
> debugging, yet still produce code that's way faster than -O0.

Thanks for pointing to this! I added check to configure.ac that if -Og
is available, the debug version library is compiled with it.

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 11:09:58PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > The debug variant is compiled with -O1 (the normal/optimized variant
> > with -O2) and the debug variant has many checks (assertions).
>
> How many users of the debug variant do you expect? Are they the kind
> of users who could just recompile with noopt/nostrip?
>
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="nostrip debug noopt" debuild

Maybe this is better way for Debian. I will try to customize building
in this way. Thanks for comment.
Best regards
--
Zito