Re: Please criticize the package I have been working on, https://github.com/pelliott80/simplescreenrecorder-dpm.git

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:42:36 -0500
Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> wrote:
> Please criticize the package I have been working on
> https://github.com/pelliott80/simplescreenrecorder-dpm.git
> in a git repo in dpm format.

Okay, sure. I'm not a DD, so I can't sponsor your package, but I
thought that I'd take a look anyway.

d/changelog:
-Make sure that you use the Debian names, not the Ubuntu names (e.g.
"experimental", not "vivid")
-Your changelog needs to close the ITP bug. A good entry would be:
 * Initial release (Closes: #nnnn)

d/control:
-The latest Standards-Version is 3.9.6
-Wrap your lines if they go over 80 characters
-Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser refer to the VCS of the Debian packaging, not
of upstream development
-Is there any reason that you are limited to i386 and amd64?
-Where is simplescreenrecorder-lib?

d/copyright:
-DEP-5 convention is to use GPL-3+ instead of GPL-3.0+
-Remove the "<" and ">" signs from the "Source:" field.
-Include the licensing information for the build files like aclocal.m4,
configure, m4/* and build-aux/*
-There are some files in glinject/ that are MIT licensed.

d/postinst:
-What is the point of this file? If you don't need it, remove it.

general:
-Did Maarten Baert (v2) make the Debian package? In any case, if it's
your package, you should be listed as the maintainer.

Good luck getting your package into Debian,

Riley Baird