Re: Should VCS fields refer to the packaging source or upstream source?

> > > Please criticize the package I have been working on
> > > https://github.com/pelliott80/simplescreenrecorder-dpm.git
> > > in a git repo in dpm format.
> >
> > -Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser refer to the VCS of the Debian packaging, not
> > of upstream development
>
>     Debian Policy Manual
>     Chapter 5 - Control files and their fields
>     5.6.26 Version Control System (VCS) fields
>     https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-VCS-fields
>
>     clearly states:
>
>      Debian source packages are increasingly developed using VCSs. The
>      purpose of the following fields is to indicate a publicly accessible
>      repository where the Debian source package is developed.
>
> I interpreted "repository where the Debian source package is developed"
> to mean that the VCS fields should point to the packaging source,
> not the upstream source.
>
> Experenced package maintainers please comment.
>
> Am I wrong?

No, your interpretation is correct. My concern is that
https://github.com/MaartenBaert/ssr is the upstream source, not the
Debian source. Wouldn't the Debian source be
https://github.com/pelliott80/simplescreenrecorder-dpm/blob/upstream/debian/control