Re: Seeking help with submission of package

Hi Dave,

On 11/01/15 14:04, Dave Maiorino wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like there is still some work that
> needs to be done ;) Thank you for the pointers, I need to go back and
> clean-up more. I have submitted to Pypi a while back, but have not kept
> that package up-to-date.

No problem... Obviously from a user perspective having two different
versions both of which look current would be very confusing. Also making
sure all sources are upto date eases the job of a maintainer though
obviously this doesn't apply as much since you're upstream.

> For starters, I will go ahead and submit the RFS. I will need a little
> more time to get the corrections in. In this case, is it better to
> follow-up with the RFS, or use this email thread instead? With revisions
> and corrections, are these usually tracked in the RFS?

It is much better to follow up in the RFS bug, so the sponsoring process
is logged in the BTS. A sponsor may also then like to mark the RFS bug
as owned (or set other tags) to track the package state.

> Thanks again!

No problem! Best of luck getting you package into Debian.

Cheers,

Daniel