Re: Depends on exact version

Daniel Lintott <daniel@serverb.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a package which is split into two sources (a server and gui). The
> server version should match the gui version (upstream version) at all times.

> Because of this when I'm creating the meta-package that will depend on
> both the gui and server, should be versioned to to be the same upstream
> version.
[...]

Hello,

can you add a little bit more info? Are server and GUI running
on the same machine? If they are, there is no need for the
metapackage, the GUI package can simply depend on the server. OTOH if
they can run (and usualy do run) on different machines a meta-package
that syncs server and gui on a single machine would not help.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'