Re: migration "gift" -> "newcomer" [Was: newcomer will be this tag.]

Hey,

On 15/11/14 16:14, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> If the change can be isolated from other changes and backported to the
> how-can-i-help version currently I jessie, I wouldn't exclude the
> possibility that the release team can accept it. After all, jessie's
> how-can-i-help will be with us for quite some time, and it is an
> important tool for attracting new contributors.

Three changes are required:
1. Changing manpage (safe)
2. Changing some human usable strings in hcih (safe)
3. Adding support for '--show newcomer' option (an alias of '--show
gift'; the only required functional change; IMHO also safe)

> Would you mind preparing an unblock request and run it through release
> team review?

Ok, I'll implement it on the hcih side and give it a try :)

Regards,
T.