Re: Making "entry-point" nee "gift" a real BTS tag [Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers]

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 03:54:05PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Excellent; thanks. I'm going to make these gender-neutral, and then I'll
> commit them.
>
> This is the last chance for someone to object to entry-point as the tag
> name. If I hear no objections, I'll put this in place on Friday, around
> 18:00 UTC.

I'm fine with entry-point. However, about its description:

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 07:42:33PM +0100, Stéphane Aulery wrote:
> entry-point
>     The maintainer can easily solve this bug by himself, but he
>     wants to take it to new contributors who wish to get involved
>     in Debian. Bugs of any difficulty can be offered in order to
>     attract and increase skill.

I don't think we should include the initial part about "maintainer can
easily solve...", as it does seems a bit patronizing ("that's easy for
me, but I won't do it because..."). My take: just include the part about
being a good entry point (hence the name) for new contributors and scrap
the rest.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .