migration "gift" -> "newcomer" [Was: newcomer will be this tag.]

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 06:29:45PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> The winner is "newcomer". I'll add this and update the documentation
> later tonight.

Thanks Don!

To help with the migration I've just:

- updated https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/GiftTag adding a
  deprecation warning at the top of the page

- patched devscripts adding support for newcomer, retaining backward
  compatibility for gift (which will do both +gift and +newcomer for a
  while). See
  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/devscripts.git/commit/?id=5c7978d4508fcb895463b2e9ce828e4dd8f79be4

- requested support for newcomer in how-can-i-help:

Don, what have you decided in the end for migrating old URLs pointing to
the gift tag? Do you have a way to add redirects or should we just cope
with the breakages?

Personally, I care particularly about http://deb.li/debscreasy and I'd
be fine with making the underlying URL a redirect to the corresponding
"newcomer" query. But if that's not possible, I'll switch to a new short
URL.

TIA,
Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .