Re: Depends on exact version

Hi Daniel,

On 12.11.2014 22:30, Daniel Lintott wrote:
I have a package which is split into two sources (a server and gui). The
server version should match the gui version (upstream version) at all times.

Because of this when I'm creating the meta-package that will depend on
both the gui and server, should be versioned to to be the same upstream
version.

To try and achieve this I've used the following:

Depends: ${misc:Depends},
  gns3-gui (= ${source:Upstream-Version}),
  gns3-server (= ${source:Upstream-Version})
[...]
Any idea where I've gone wrong here?

You require the exact upstream version (1.1).
This can't work, because there will always be the Debian revision added (1.1-1~exp1).

What should work better is '>= ${source:Upstream-Version}'.

However, that is not enough to guarantee that the upstream versions always match. One could then have e.g.:
gns3        = 1.1-1
gns3-gui    = 1.1-1
gns3-server = 1.2-1

If you want to prevent that, you can add appropriate Breaks:
gns3-server:
 Breaks: gns3-gui (< ${source:Upstream-Version})
gns3-gui:
 Breaks: gns3-server (< ${source:Upstream-Version})

Best regards,
Andreas