Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

I agree, it is sometimes difficult to get someone to actually upload
your package.

Perhaps to encourage mentors, they too could get accomplishments for
sponsoring packages. There could even be a small prize for the DD who
sponsors the most packages in a given year.