Re: Build-depending on non-free package

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>, 2014-09-02, 11:56:
> >2. Move it to non-free and get it vetoed as auto-buildable
> >(requires that its license and the license of its non-free
> >build-dependencies allow his).  This isn't really supposed to
> >work, but AFAIK we trust people will not abuse it, so it should
> >work.
>
> I don't think non-free packages build-depending on non-free packages
> can be currently built on buildds.
>
> I looked at a random build log from the non-free package I maintain:
>
> $ grep Packages cuneiform_1.1.0+dfsg-5_i386_1408375836.build
> Get:9 http://cdn.debian.net unstable/main i386 Packages [6888 kB]
> Get:12 http://incoming.debian.org buildd-unstable/main i386 Packages [299 kB]
> Get:13 http://incoming.debian.org buildd-unstable/contrib i386 Packages [32 B]
> Get:14 http://cdn.debian.net unstable/contrib i386 Packages [51.4 kB]
> Get:17 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main i386 Packages [6887 kB]
> Get:18 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/contrib i386 Packages [51.4 kB]
>
> I don't see the "non-free" component enabled here.

Indeed.  I just checked the build logs for yet another non-free package
(intel-microcode) which is also auto-built, and it matches your observation.

Only main and contrib are allowed for build dependencies on auto-builders.
It looks like option (2) is out.  I was wrong about the "it should work"
part.

  Henrique Holschuh