Re: Please help translate old rules file on the installation rules

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:19:08 +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

>> I used the `dh_make` to create a new rules file, but found that what I
>> want to install are not in the final package.
>>
>> Here is what the old rules file looks like:
>>
>> install: build
>> 	dh_testdir dh_testroot dh_clean -k dh_installdirs
>>
>> 	install -m 755 ddclient \
>> 	  $(DESTDIR)/usr/sbin/ddclient
>>
>> 	install -D -m 755 debian/ddclient.NetworkManager \
>> 	  $(DESTDIR)/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/50-ddclient
>
> Note that you can achieve the same using dh_install(1) and probably
> dh_installdirs(1), without writing override code.

Did you mean this in debian/rules?

---------------------------
# main packaging script based on dh7 syntax
%:
	dh $@

dh_install:
	install -m 755 ddclient \
	  $(DESTDIR)/usr/sbin/ddclient

	install -D -m 755 debian/ddclient.NetworkManager \
	  $(DESTDIR)/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/50-ddclient

---------------------------

I tried the above and it didn't work.

Or, did you actually mean that I should not to define the rule for
'dh_install' but one of the following?

   dh_installdirs
   dh_auto_install
   dh_installdocs
   dh_installchangelogs
   dh_installexamples
   dh_installman
   dh_installdebconf
   dh_installinit
   dh_installppp

The problem is that none seems to fit. The 'dh_installdebconf' seems
vaguely fit for the second install, but I'm really not sure.

Thanks