Please help translate old rules file on the installation rules

Hi,

I used the `dh_make` to create a new rules file, but found that what I
want to install are not in the final package.

Here is what the old rules file looks like:

install: build
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_clean -k
	dh_installdirs

	install -m 755 ddclient \
	  $(DESTDIR)/usr/sbin/ddclient

	install -D -m 755 debian/ddclient.NetworkManager \
	  $(DESTDIR)/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/50-ddclient

Here is my tweaked new rules file:

# main packaging script based on dh7 syntax
%:
	dh $@

override_dh_auto_install:
	install -m 755 ddclient \
	  $(DESTDIR)/usr/sbin/ddclient

	install -D -m 755 debian/ddclient.NetworkManager \
	  $(DESTDIR)/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/50-ddclient

Apparently my tweaking is not achieving what I'm expecting.

How to make it work please?
Both rules files are posted in full at
http://paste.debian.net/109275/ and http://paste.debian.net/109276/

Thanks