Re: where are these lintian problems coming from

 ❦ 12 juillet 2014 05:19 GMT, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> :

> Do I need to care about the lintian problems from the binary package that
> I maintain/build?

Yes, you need to handle at least errors and warnings.

> For the following problems, I have no idea where they come from:
>
>  N: Processing binary package ddclient (version 3.8.2-1, arch all) ...
>  W: ddclient: using-imperative-form-in-templates ddclient/fetchhosts
>  I: ddclient: unused-debconf-template ddclient/hostslist
>  I: ddclient: unused-debconf-template ddclient/blankhostslist

Use -v to get more tips about each error. Those are about debconf
templates declared in debian/ddclient.templates.

>  W: ddclient: config-does-not-load-confmodule
>  W: ddclient: postinst-does-not-load-confmodule

It's a matter of `. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule`. You need to read a
bit the debconf documentation if you plan to maintain packages using
debconf.

I think this warning hide another problem with your modifications is
that the SCRIPTSCOMMON tag doesn't get extended anymore. Ensure that
dh_installscripts-common is still executed.

> Moreover, how to add an override for this tag:
>
>  E: ddclient: read-in-maintainer-script config:25
>
> because the check is false positives since the read is used in a block
> with a redirection.

See dh_lintian(1) and lintian(1).
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: Short circuit detected on the lobe\n",
dev->name);