Re: Newbie questions: open ITP before RTS?

Hi Paul,
> This is the ideal order:
>
> Decide you want to package something.
>
> File Intent To Package (ITP) for something.
>
> Package something.
>
> File Request For Sponsor (RFS) of something.

I'll do that in the right order next time :-)

> The files you created get copyright automatically (in most
> jurisdictions) and the default license for copyrighted files is 'all
> rights reserved', meaning no-one can do anything at all with it while
> complying with the law. If you don't add a license, no-one who isn't
> willing to disobey the law can distribute your files, this includes
> Debian and mentors.debian.net.

I was hoping that the wildcard line in the current debian/copyright:

Files: *

would also cover files under debian/ but if that's not the case, I can
add an explicit stanza for debian/* - no problem.

Thanks for the swift reply!

Daniel