Re: Splitting in /usr/lib/<arch> and /usr/share

Bartosz Feński <bartosz@fenski.pl> writes:
> W dniu 09.03.2014 16:55, Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr pisze:
>> Osamu Aoki <osamu_aoki_home@nifty.com> writes:
>>> Is this some old package with autotools?  Then... this may be fixed by
>>> reconfiguring build script, do so.
>> No; that would be easy. The program is really old and installs all
>> libraries and binaries within the source tree, with the option to remove
>> the unneeded sources afterwards.
>>
>> It has simply no way to specify a data dir and/or a lib dir. The basic
>> install instruction is:
>>
>> 1. unpack the sources to the place you want to have the package
>> 2. point the environment variable (MIDASHOME) to that dir
>> 3. start compilation
>> 4. (optional) remove unneeded sources
> Come on... it's oneliner in any shell to move those files to correct
> locations.

It needs for every file

* decide whether it is arch dependent or not
* copy to /usr/lib/<arch>/eso-midas/<dir> if yes
* copy to /usr/share/eso-midas/dir/ and create a symlink to /usr/lib/...
  if not arch dependent.
* if a directory consists only of system independent files, the symlink
  should be created for the directory, not for the individual files
  (recursive)

If you think this is a oneliner, than please post it here. It would
help me a lot.

> I don't think we need special dh_helper to handle one exemption.

For me this sounds complicated enough, and I think that there are a
couple of (older) programs that do not distinguis between /usr/lib and
/usr/share, where this would make sense.

Best regards

Ole