Re: Splitting in /usr/lib/<arch> and /usr/share

Osamu Aoki <osamu_aoki_home@nifty.com> writes:
> Is this some old package with autotools?  Then... this may be fixed by
> reconfiguring build script, do so.

No; that would be easy. The program is really old and installs all
libraries and binaries within the source tree, with the option to remove
the unneeded sources afterwards.

It has simply no way to specify a data dir and/or a lib dir. The basic
install instruction is:

1. unpack the sources to the place you want to have the package
2. point the environment variable (MIDASHOME) to that dir
3. start compilation
4. (optional) remove unneeded sources

Best

Ole