Re: Weird conffile case

On 3 March 2014 16:41, Dominique Dumont <dod@debian.org> wrote:
> On Monday 03 March 2014 16:23:28 Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
>> I agree this is a nice solution with a patch, I will integrate it for sure.
>> However what should be done in such situation with bug  740332 ?
>> Should I close it with the new release?
>
> ok, I did not realize that the upgrade test is done from maradns 1.4.12-5
> (from stable).
>
> In #740332, Andreas suggests to undo the damage done in maradns_1.4.12-5
> postinst script. I guess that this may be done in new maradns preinst.
>
> But your preinst will have to handle differently an upgrade starting from
> stable (undo damage) and upgrade from testing (may not need to undo damage).

The part "undo damage" I do not understand. From what I understand
dpkg compares the new config with the existing one. So to upgrade from
stable properly I would have to replace my new config with the
identical to the existing one, i.e. preprocess it in postinst, just as
the stable package preprocesses it. But then I violate 10.7.3 again.
Is that right?

PS: Mind that this violation (#740332) only occurs when upgrading
package that was not touched by the user at all.

> Hope this helps

Yes thank you.

--
Pozdrawiam,