Re: Weird conffile case

On Monday 03 March 2014 16:23:28 Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
> I agree this is a nice solution with a patch, I will integrate it for sure.
> However what should be done in such situation with bug  740332 ?
> Should I close it with the new release?

ok, I did not realize that the upgrade test is done from maradns 1.4.12-5
(from stable).

In #740332, Andreas suggests to undo the damage done in maradns_1.4.12-5
postinst script. I guess that this may be done in new maradns preinst.

But your preinst will have to handle differently an upgrade starting from
stable (undo damage) and upgrade from testing (may not need to undo damage).

Hope this helps

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org