Re: postgres extensions and postgres multi-version support

Re: Florian Rothmaier 2014-01-24 <[🔎] 52E2ACBF.1090603@ari.uni-heidelberg.de>
> It should be mentioned that my "debian/rules" is still based on an
> outdated version of "pg_buildext" from
> "postgresql-server-dev-all" (129). So the next step will be to use v152
> of this script which includes the "loop()" function and supports the
> entry "all" in "debian/pgversions".

The non-loop variant you have now is actually preferable over loop,
provided things actually work. Did you try if "make install" (or
pg_buildext install) puts things in the right location? If so, you
could get rid of debian/*.{install,docs,dirs}.

(For the docs, a nice workaround is to use

override_dh_installdocs:
	dh_installdocs --all README.q3c

As many pieces of software are not VPATH-ready, it may well be that
using "pg_buildext loop" will make it easier to get everything
working, though... (I should finally document that mode in the
manpage.)

> Could you imagine to sponsor my package or would you say it should
> rather be maintained by the Debian Science maintainers? From my point of
> view, it's worth to have the postgres extension "q3c" packaged just for
> itself but it's also true that "q3c" is a dependency of a piece of
> astronomical software I seek to package in the near future.

It doesn't really matter where it is hosted or who is in the
Maintainer field - I can sponsor it, which doesn't mean the science
people couldn't be taking care of future versions.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/