Re: postgres extensions and postgres multi-version support

Hi Christoph, hi Dimitri,

thank you very much for your help. Your both answers were exactly what
I was searching for :-)

I added the template file "control.in" to my "debian/" directory and
updated "rules". I corrected my watch file (it should work now) and now
I'm building the "q3c" package for the newest upstream version (1.4.19).

I git-pushed my changes to the remote repo at
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/q3c.git .

It should be mentioned that my "debian/rules" is still based on an
outdated version of "pg_buildext" from
"postgresql-server-dev-all" (129). So the next step will be to use v152
of this script which includes the "loop()" function and supports the
entry "all" in "debian/pgversions".

I'll get back to you in a couple of days after the next update of my
package.

Could you imagine to sponsor my package or would you say it should
rather be maintained by the Debian Science maintainers? From my point of
view, it's worth to have the postgres extension "q3c" packaged just for
itself but it's also true that "q3c" is a dependency of a piece of
astronomical software I seek to package in the near future.

Best regards,
Florian