Re: What the proper way to update debian/changelog

On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:55:06 -0300, Eriberto wrote:

> You can try make a test, put your package in mentors.debian.net and send
> us the link, asking for a revision. I and others can help you to
> understand the process.

I really appreciate the mentoring, and understand that each case would be
difference. And the best approach to handle the situation is to deal it
in case-by-case bases.

However, I'm a system learner. I.e., I learn through build up my overall
knowledge first, before rolling up my sleeves and dive in. While trying
to learn to maintain debian packages, I realized that there are A LOT to
learn, which is hard. And I found what makes it even harder is that I
have to learn such practical things bits by bits here and there. I.e., if
such practical issues has been written out clearly, my life would be much
easier.

Not complaining, Debian has lot of good documents. Just that they are not
to my taste. :-) They are written in the reference book style, whereas I
more prefer a cook book style. :-) Still not complaining -- We've got to
appreciate what we already have so far.