Re: I'm so frustrated trying to adopt a package, I could scream.

On 2013-02-11 14:45:42 -0600 (-0600), Paul Johnson wrote:
[...]
> If I ever do succeed with this, I'm going to come back and start a big
> argument with you all.  This process is badly designed.  If Debian
> wants people to maintain packages, why not make adoption simpler?  The
> package itself is the important part, any other hassle is pure dead
> weight on the Debian development process :(

On the contrary, interaction with the Debian bug tracking system is
a task with which anyone maintaining packages within Debian must be
intimately familiar. This hurdle is an excellent (if sometimes
painful) introduction to one of the many important aspects of Debian
package maintenance. I suspect it will be far from the most complex,
frustrating or maddening part of the experience; but this mailing
list is full of wonderfully helpful people who comprise a great
resource when you exhaust available documentation on the subject!
--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi@cthulhu.yuggoth.org );
WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ ); IRC( fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );