Re: Different symbols for different architectures

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> Seems that different architectures have different symbols.

To me it doesn't look that simple, since the missing symbols are the
same on many arches. It seems like upstream is basing the
presence/absence of some public functions on what is returned by
./configure. For example rpl_strstr:

$ getbuildlog licenseutils last
$ less licenseutils_0.0.7-1_kfreebsd-i386.log
checking whether strstr works... yes
checking whether strstr works in linear time... yes
checking whether strstr works... (cached) yes
- rpl_strstr@Base 0.0.7
+#MISSING: 0.0.7-1# rpl_strstr@Base 0.0.7

If rpl_* means replacement for broken functions (I guess it does), it
may even be leaking symbols that are meant to be private, which should
definitely be fixed.

--
bye,
pabs