Different symbols for different architectures

I maintain a new package, licenseutils, for witch I had a very bad
response from buildd:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=licenseutils&suite=sid

Seems that different architectures have different symbols. So I'm
looking for a way to address this issue.
As dh_makeshlibs(1) states if I need to provide different symbols file
for different architectures I have to append $arch at the end of the
file name, but in this way I have to ship 12 symbols files! Doesn't
seem a very clean solution to me.

Anybody has a better solution than mine?

--
regards,
Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 4096R/B9444540 http://goo.gl/I8TMB