Re: Cannot create regular file under /usr/share/man/man1

T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hmm... I don't know if that is accurate, because it is at the end of
> binary package *building*, not the binary package *installation*.

Upstream doesn't appear to support DESTDIR in their build system and is
just trying to install things directly under prefix.  You can possibly
work around this by setting prefix to $(CURDIR)/debian/tmp, but this
really should be fixed upstream by adding support for DESTDIR.

    http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/DESTDIR.html