Cannot create regular file under /usr/share/man/man1

Hi,

The package that I'm planning to maintain gives me the following error at
the end of the build:

for d in glimpse.1 glimpseindex.1 glimpseserver.1 ; do \
		/usr/bin/install -c -m 444 $d /usr/share/man/man1 ; \
	done
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file '/usr/share/man/man1/
glimpse.1': Permission denied
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file '/usr/share/man/man1/
glimpseindex.1': Permission denied
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file '/usr/share/man/man1/
glimpseserver.1': Permission denied
make[1]: *** [install-man] Error 1

Am I violating any Debian rules? The rules was generated by dh_make:

$ cat glimpse-4.18.6/debian/rules
#!/usr/bin/make -f
# -*- makefile -*-
# Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper.
# This file was originally written by Joey Hess and Craig Small.
# As a special exception, when this file is copied by dh-make into a
# dh-make output file, you may use that output file without restriction.
# This special exception was added by Craig Small in version 0.37 of dh-
make.

# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
#export DH_VERBOSE=1

%:
        dh $@  --with autotools-dev

The detail of the build failure is at
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/156234637/buildlog_ubuntu-saucy-
i386.glimpse_4.18.6-0ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

Please help.

Thanks