Re: Sponsor for the gtkiostream

Thanks for the info,

I am about to send an RFS to bugs.

If you use Debian sid to build, those errors you got below don't exist.

thanks
MAtt

On 09/11/13 01:50, Daniel Lintott wrote:

Hi Matt,

I'm not a DD myself, so can't upload your package but I shall give my
review of it, in the hope it can help you to find a sponsor.

It may be worth you filing an RFS bug against the pseudo-package
sponsorship-requests [1] and the standard form for an RFS [2], this
may also increase your chances of finding a sponsor.

It is actually already packaged, the debian directory is
distributed with the source code :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkiostream/
The generally accepted standard is to keep the Debian packaging
separate from the upstream source. I'm not sure what the exact state
would be since you are upstream as well [3]

Reading some old posts on the debian-mentors list it should be
sufficient to just drop the debian directory from the source tarball,
but this would need clarification from someone with more experience
than myself

By sponsoring this package you will close the following bugs :

Closes: #709641 Closes: #722527

You will also replace some very old packages of mine with much
better and newer implementations : Replaces: wsola, mffm-fftw1,
libaudiomask1 Replaces: wsola-dev, mffm-fftw-dev, libaudiomask-dev

As it stands your package wouldn't automatically close these bugs as
they are not closed in the latest changelog entry.

Also as this package is not yet in Debian, you should merge the
changelog entries to the single version being uploaded.

Other Items

  - debian/compat - This should be 9
  - debian/control - Build-Depends for debhelper should be debhelper (>= 9)
  - debian/rules - You can remove the 'boilerplate' comment from here

The package also failed to build for me in an unstable chroot using
pbuilder. I have attached a log showing the build error.

Running lintian against the source package, gives me the follwing:

N: Processing source package gtkiostream (version 1.3.0-1, arch
source) ...
W: gtkiostream source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends gtkiostream-doc
I: gtkiostream source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

Regards
  Daniel Lintott
[1] http://mentors.debian.net/sponsors
[2] http://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto/gtkiostream