Re: Upstream database update not in a single step

On 28-08-13 22:32, Jan-Pascal van Best wrote:
> I've extracted the update script from the indicated revision and all php
> files actually needed to run it. My current version of the package
> installs them into /usr/share/spotweb/db-update/<version>. postinst then
> checks whether the intermediate step is needed, and runs the update script
> from the intermediate version. This seems to work nicely in a simple
> install-upgrade situation, but I'll do some more tests when the package is
> actually used before the upgrade.

I remember you said your package uses dbconfig-common. I assume you have
this checking and versions performed by dbconfig-common. If not, why not?

For the careful reader of the BTS: I am intending to do some maintenance
work on dbconfig-common in the upcoming time, as there are several very
annoying bugs in the package, but I think it is very nice that it
exists. It helps to reinvent the wheel.

Paul