Re: correct packaging of web applications

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 09:29:29PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:

> > Hm, how do you deal with the conf.d vs. conf-available change and the
> > completely different maintainer script actions?
>
> there are several possibilities, but I suggest something like [1] which
> I wrote for that purpose.

Hi Arno, I have two questions regarding your approach in [1]:

* I do not see an apache restart. Is it not needed or does the user need to
  restart the server manually? My hope was to provide a package were no user
  interaction is needed.

* Even for the 2.2 branch of the script you use the conf-available directory.
  Is it common sense to use that now? I thought, all configs regarding
  a package need to be in /etc/packagename ?

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--
WebID: http://sebastian.tramp.name