Re: correct packaging of web applications

Hi,

On 22.07.2013 22:02, Paul Wise wrote:
>> Unfortunately there is no discussion on how to reload the apache configuration?
>
> I guess the right thing here is to use `invoke-rc.d apache2 reload` as
> per the usual for init stuff.

Please refrain to interface with the web server directly when enabling a
web application. In particular, never call invoke-rc.d apache2 from a
maintainer script. Moreover, conf.d is not used anymore as other people
said already.

As Russ says, we have detailed instructions shipped in the Apache
packaging you can consult by reading /usr/share/doc/apache2/PACKAGING.gz
though I encourage you to use dh_apache2.

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll