correct packaging of web applications

Hi Debian Mentors,

can you give me some good example packages which demonstrate how to package web
applications. Esp. I am interested in how / and when to restart the Apache
after installation.

Currently I am doing something like
if [ "$1" = configure ] ; then
    invoke-rc.d apache2 restart
fi
see
https://github.com/AKSW/dbpedia-spotlight-ui/blob/feature/debianize/debian/postinst

but when installing more than one app in one go, this leads to problems where
some apache configs are linked but are not copied yet.

Setting up dbpedia-spotlight-ui (0.1.2) ...
apache2: Syntax error on line 234 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file
/etc/apache2/conf.d/spatial-semantic-browser: No such file or
directory
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
   ...fail!
invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "restart" failed.
dpkg: error processing dbpedia-spotlight-ui (--configure):

So the question is: What is the correct way to install and link apache config
file as well as to restart the webserver.

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--
WebID: http://sebastian.tramp.name