Re: Need detailed help on creating a Debian package (package name)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:45:15 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> If you need to customize *only* /etc/pam.d/sudo, I'm afraid that Debian
> Policy says you're not allowed to do that.  Basically, configuration
> files are owned by a single package, and only that package may modify
> it.  That package *can* provide an interface for modifications that
> other packages can use, but for this sort of thing, that's probably
> overkill.

Thanks for the explanation.
I'm actually glad that Debian Policy does not allowed doing that, because
I am really hope to keep this simple package simple.

> The typical thing to do in this sort of situation is to
> document the required modification in README.Debian; it's not entirely
> satisfactory, but sometimes there isn't another good option.

Understand & will do. So just create a README.Debian under the debian
directory, parallel to the README provided by the upstream right?

One more question related to the package I'm building.
The upstream call it pam-ssh-agent-auth, and the tarball is called
pam_ssh_agent_auth-0.9.5.tar.bz2, in which contains a directory named
pam_ssh_agent_auth-0.9.5. But the RFP wants to call it libpam-ssh-agent
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=595817). Let's suppose
it'd be called libpam-ssh-agent in Debian, what exactly should I do to
the tarball name and expanded directory name? Is there anywhere else that
I should also change? Any of these renaming should be packed in the Debian
source package as patches?

Thanks