Re: Why is it so hard to get sponsor (Part 2, was: RFS Jabberd2 / Jabber-muc)

> Why is it so hard to get sponsor and why is there nobody who tries to
> support the jabber uploads ;)
Well, as I am in the same shoes, we can make a deal. We can try to
review each other's packages, trying to fix bugs and give
recommendations supporting each other. This way, we could find a sponsor
more easily.
Sounds good to me. Both jabber packages are already into shape (I hope). But I am working
on serveral other packages and support is always welcome :)

> On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 07:01 +0200, W. van den Akker wrote:
>> I am using Jabber* for about 8 months. It is running on a production
>> server without any problems. I am in contact
>> with upstream (mostly for jabberd2) to get things fixed, if needed.
Is Jabberd supported by clients on non-linux environments i.e. Mac,
Windows? Does it have group-chat feature? Why so many places the they
install the non-free alternatives? Can I test it on my own computer alone?
If you run the jabber services on your server and publish the jabber-service into the DNS then
you are visible to all other jabber users (incl. Gmail, as long it supports XMPP). You can
talk to Apple and Windows users as long as they use a XMPP client (pidgin or so).

greetings,
WIllem