Why is it so hard to get sponsor (Part 2, was: RFS Jabberd2 / Jabber-muc)

Hi Members,

Last February I mailed the list why some packages wont get a sponsor. I got a few reactions of sponsors
who helped me to get the package into decent shape. But at the end no sponsor would have time or experience with
the package to upload it. The jabber packages are obvious a strange thing, scaring mentors away ;)
This is my second try to ITA a package. A few years earlier I tried to get a sponsor for Scid (chess) and also nobody
was interested (?) in supporting the upload. The XMPP group is non responsive, the previous Jabber maintainer also.

I like the Debian distribution and I am willing to help and support it. At this moment I have a few ITA and ITP bugs.
I find it very disappointing that for the second time I cannot manage to get some packages in.
I read a lot mailings about the bad shape some packages are in. But if newcomers dont have a chance (well not everyone ;))
to adopt packages then the packages will stay in bad shape.

Why is it so hard to get sponsor and why is there nobody who tries to support the jabber uploads ;)

Greetings,
Willem