Re: How to avoid "all arch" notice in dpkg-buildpackage.

Hi,

On 01-06-13 03:35, linux at iocellnetworks wrote:
> I guess I had my hopes a little bit high when I wrote to the list. I
> was hoping for something more along the lines of a mentor as
> described on Wikipedia: "... the personal name /Mentor/ has been
> adopted in English as a term meaning someone who imparts wisdom to
> and shares knowledge with a less experienced colleague."
>
> Back to googling and tuting for now.

Sorry if the answers on this list have not been what you expected. If
you want to get into packaging, one of the first things you should read
is our maintenance guide, which can be found here:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
An other important document is the policy (although that is definitely
not a cookbook): http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/

If you have questions about packaging of packages that you want to
contribute to Debian, please don't hesitate to ask (again). This list
does want to mentor, it is just that your initial question appeared to
show that you started the wrong way.

Paul