Re: How to avoid "all arch" notice in dpkg-buildpackage.

On 05/31/2013 03:49 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:21:04AM -0400, linux at iocellnetworks wrote:
To understand how debian/rules works, and get on my way to a clean,
acceptable
package creation is why I am writing for help.
You probably need to start with creating a simple package from scratch
following some tutorial, not by trying to understand some 3rd-party
package which quality wasn't checked by anyone.

Thanks for the advice.

Now I see that I have to figure this out myself, so I'll see what I can do.

I guess I had my hopes a little bit high when I wrote to the list. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a mentor as described on Wikipedia: "... the personal name Mentor has been adopted in English as a term meaning someone who imparts wisdom to and shares knowledge with a less experienced colleague."

Back to googling and tuting for now.