Re: RFS: libengsas packages

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 06:58:22PM +0100, Anton Gladky wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 05:37 PM, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> >> 6) Copyright-file must be in DEP-5 format.
> > Please don't say 'must' when you're speaking about what's actually a
> > recommendation, not a rule. Thanks.
> ok, agree, my "typo". But I think it is desirable to ask for DEP-5 for
> new uploads.

In addition it is not even possible to use DEP-5 for every case.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2013/02/msg00065.html is a
recent example where a license cannot be reformatted to fit into DEP-5,
because it expressly prohibits modification. (I have to admit that this
is non-free.)

For future reviews, maybe you can ask "Why are you not using DEP-5?" as
a means of clarification instead. Sometimes the maintainer will simply
be not aware of it and at other times you will likely receive a reason.

In the still a bit distant future it might be interesting to add a
pedantic lintian check for DEP-5 usage. The reason for not using DEP-5
could then be documented in a canonical place: the overrides file.

Helmut