Re: RFS: libengsas packages

Hi Joachim,

thanks for trying to bring a new software into Debian.
A couple of notes/questions about your package:

1) changelog says, that you are targeting the software to "stable"
release. It is impossible. Use "unstable" instead. Also you should put
your name there.
2) compat-level 7 is relatively old. Use 9 instead.
3) control-file has a lot of commented lines. Clean them.
4) Current Standards-Version is 3.9.4 now.
5) Depends-section contains a lot of libraries, they should be
"automatically" picked up due to dh_shlibdeps, if it is possible.
6) Copyright-file must be in DEP-5 format.
7) Remove postinst and postrm scripts. Review other ones.
8) Use source-format 3.0 (quilt)
9) Use --parallel option in dh for faster building.
10) lintian with "-IE --pedantic" over the built package gives a lot of
warnings, which need to be fixed (see attachment).
11) Did you try to reach Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers? It is better to ask
them to upload this package and maybe you consider maintaining the
package under their roof.

As said, it is better to discuss a sponsorship question with Debian
Qt/KDE maintainers.

Best Regards,

Anton

[1] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/qtkde.html

On 02/24/2013 11:12 AM, Joachim Langenbach wrote:
> Dear debian developers,
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for my libengsas packages. It is a Qt based library,
> which main goal is to provide platform independend and common API for using
> KDE libs or Qt only. For example it provides a QFileDialog replacement, which
> uses the KFileDialog when KDE is enabled or QFileDialog if not. Also the KDE
> mimetype system can be used. It also provides many base classes, which might
> be useful for some projects, like a SQL database setup and backup wizard and
> some chart widgets.
>
> The packages can be found at the open suse build service at
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries?package=LibEngsas&project=home%3Aengsas&repository=Debian_6.0.
> There you'll find the following 5 binary packages (beside the sources):
>
> - libengsas0                           The libengsas Qt only version
> - libengsas0-kde                    The KDE version of libengsas
> - libengsas0-common            The shared stuff of libengsas and libengsas-kde
> - libengsas0-dev                    Development files for both libengsas libs
> - libengsas0-dev-doc             API documentation of libengsas
>
> I'll tried to fix all linitan errors, but I've overrided some also, if they
> could not be applied in this specific case at my oppinion (documented in the
> lintian override files).
>
> It would be very nice, if someone may have a look at the packages and give
> some hints.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Joachim Langenbach

W: libengsas0 source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends libengsas0-dev-doc
I: libengsas0 source: missing-debian-source-format
W: libengsas0 source: intra-source-package-circular-dependency libengsas0 libengsas0-common
W: libengsas0 source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
W: libengsas0 source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 5.1-1
W: libengsas0 source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.9.1 (current is 3.9.4)
I: libengsas0 source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
W: libengsas0-common: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/libengsas-charts.so.0.5.0
W: libengsas0-common: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/libengsas/efileservices/libefilesystemplugin.so
P: libengsas0-common: no-upstream-changelog
W: libengsas0-common: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
I: libengsas0-common: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
I: libengsas0-common: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/epartexe.1.gz:15
I: libengsas0-common: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/epartexe.1.gz informations information
I: libengsas0-common: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libengsas-charts.so.0.5.0
W: libengsas0-dev: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/libengsas-testing.so.0.5.0
P: libengsas0-dev: no-upstream-changelog
I: libengsas0-dev: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
W: libengsas0-dev: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/libengsas-testing.so.0.5.0 usr/lib/libengsas-testing.so
I: libengsas0-dev: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libengsas-testing.so.0.5.0
P: libengsas0-dev-doc: no-upstream-changelog
I: libengsas0-dev-doc: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
W: libengsas0-dev-doc: documentation-package-not-architecture-independent
X: libengsas0-dev-doc: package-contains-no-arch-dependent-files
I: libengsas0-dev-doc: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 38994kB 100%
W: libengsas0-kde: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/epartexe-kde
I: libengsas0-kde: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/kde/libengsas.so.0.5.0 choosen chosen
W: libengsas0-kde: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/kde/libengsas.so.0.5.0
P: libengsas0-kde: no-upstream-changelog
W: libengsas0-kde: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
I: libengsas0-kde: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
W: libengsas0: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/epartexe
I: libengsas0: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/libengsas.so.0.5.0 choosen chosen
W: libengsas0: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/libengsas.so.0.5.0
P: libengsas0: no-upstream-changelog
W: libengsas0: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
I: libengsas0: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
I: libengsas0: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
I: libengsas0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libengsas.so.0.5.0
I: libengsas0: unused-override binary-without-manpage usr/bin/epartexe
N: 5 tags overridden (1 error, 4 warnings)