Re: RFS: awstats/7.1~dfsg-1 (2nd try)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> I think I could be convinced to do at least a onetime upload of the package.

Thank you.  Let's hope someday I can handle package myself, as before.

https://mentors.debian.net/package/awstats
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/awstats/awstats_7.1~dfsg-1.dsc

> In d/changelog, the package on mentors includes an entry for 7.0~dfsg-8
> which has not been uploaded to Debian AFAICT (but targets/targeted
> unstable).  The lines in that entries seem to be a subset of the ones
> for 7.1~dfsg-1, is this by intention.

Removed.

> The upload appears to be targetting unstable while we are in a freeze
> and the changes do not appear to freeze material - intentional or should
> it have been experimental instead?

??  That's just a regular unstable upload.  It's not supposed to go in testing for wheezy.

> You can probably get rid of this code in d/rules:
>   """
>   # "Binarize" (and cleanup) Debian-shipped non-trademarked Firefox icon
>   pre-build::
>         uudecode -o debian/icons/firefox.png debian/icons/firefox.png.uu
>   clean::
>         rm -f debian/icons/firefox.png
>   """
>
> With "3.0 (quilt)" you can store binary files in the debian part (you
> just have to add it to d/source/include-binaries).

Good point, done.

> There is also a mangle rule in d/rules that looks a bit outdated (I
> guess it isn't used anymore?):
>
> """
>   DEB_UPSTREAM_TARBALL_BASENAME_MANGLE = s/(-6\.9)\.(\d)/$$1$$2/
> """

Ok, this part was updated too.