Re: RFS: awstats/7.1~dfsg-1 (2nd try)

On 2013-02-22 16:59, Sergey Kirpichev wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>> I think I could be convinced to do at least a onetime upload of the package.
>
> Thank you.  Let's hope someday I can handle package myself, as before.

Indeed.  :)

> [...]
>
>> The upload appears to be targetting unstable while we are in a freeze
>> and the changes do not appear to freeze material - intentional or should
>> it have been experimental instead?
>
> ??  That's just a regular unstable upload.  It's not supposed to go in testing for wheezy.
>
>> [...]

The reason I am asking is that if we do this upload to unstable and
later we find an annoying important bug (i.e. severity important), then
we can no longer fix it for Wheezy[1].
  As I see it, this is your package so the final choice is yours in this
mattter.  I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the possible
consequences.

~Niels

[1] Well, we could revert the 7.1 upload in an 1:7.0 upload.  Anyway,
current freeze policy is:
  http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

It is also possible that the fix can go into the first point release,
but that is still post-Wheezy.