Re: I'm so frustrated trying to adopt a package, I could scream.

On 2013-02-12 13:07:57 -0600 (-0600), Paul Johnson wrote:
[...]
> This needs to be vivisected:
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/index.html#howto-o
>
> If none of you use reportbug to adopt packages, there's a lot we could
> cut and clean in there.

The references to reportbug up at the top of the page are specific
to opening new bugs ("Adding new entries..."), since that's all
reportbug really does. Subsequent interaction with existing bugs
happens exclusively via E-mail (excepting that the bug reports can
also be browsed in other read-only ways). A good resource on this is
the developer documentation for debbugs:

    http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer

I suppose the WNPP page could be a little clearer, since it doesn't
state that explicitly. Improving that documentation is usually done
by filing a bug against the fake "www.debian.org" package or