Re: want to get involved to fix blt package

Hi Paul,

On 22-01-13 04:26, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I just kicked up some dust about getting the blt package fixed for Wheezy.

If you want this in Wheezy, please read the freeze-policy [1] and make
sure that your package has minimal changes to fix the bug.

> I'm a Debian user and have been building packages for various uses,
> but have never registered with your formal system.  I need to become a
> maintainer, ala (http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer), or
> something like. I only want to take on the smallest possible role in
> order to get packages fixed.

No, you don't NEED to become a maintainer in that sense. If you prefer,
you can always prepare the package and ask here for someone to upload.
But always be prepared to defend your choices and to do some iterations
to get things in shape.

> http://pj.freefaculty.org/Debian/wheezy/amd64/blt-2.4z-quilted
>
> The proposed packages are there. There's a README. I re-organized the
> package to use quilt.

I haven't looked, but from your description it seems too invasive for a
freeze acceptation. It is probably ok for experimental.

Paul

[1] http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html