want to get involved to fix blt package

I just kicked up some dust about getting the blt package fixed for Wheezy.

The conclusion there is "if you want it fixed, go fix it".  I say OK!
blt is abandoned, I have been fixing it for a couple of years. What
next.

I'm a Debian user and have been building packages for various uses,
but have never registered with your formal system.  I need to become a
maintainer, ala (http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer), or
something like. I only want to take on the smallest possible role in
order to get packages fixed.

I have the packaging work sorted out

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Debian/wheezy/amd64/blt-2.4z-quilted

The proposed packages are there. There's a README. I re-organized the
package to use quilt.

I cant tell if I need to be a maintainer, or I just need one of you
maintainers to upload this for me.

That's why I'm asking in the mentor list.

pj
--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science      Assoc. Director