how to document removed Build-Depends in debian/changelog (Re: viennacl at mentors)

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 12:58:11PM +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
> On 07/14/2012 11:13 AM, Bart Martens wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > Are you aware of the comment at mentors ?
> > http://mentors.debian.net/package/viennacl
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bart Martens
> >

> Hi Bart
>
> I just had a look at the changelog, and it mentions "Remove unused
> build-deps".

I see that now too.  So actually you did mention it, and I overlooked it.

> Is that not enough?

Maybe this is enough for some sponsors.  I'm not sure.

> Do I need to list the individually?

I would mention this in debian/changelog :

  * debian/control: No longer Build-Depends: poppler-utils, asciidoc, lynx.

But I don't know how detailed such information must be for debian-policy.
Sometimes it is useful to also mention the reasons.  I'm adding debian-mentors
in cc so that other sponsors can comment if they want to.

Regards,

Bart Martens