Re: RFS: new powertop version

Julian Wollrath <jwollrath@web.de> writes:

> David Bremner <bremner@debian.org> wrote:
>> This kind of change (changing the copyright file format) is not usually
>> acceptable in an NMU, unless cleared with the maintainer.
> But how else should I address the missing license information for 'pevent/*',
> 'src/perf/perf_event.h', 'src/tuning/iw.*' and 'src/tuning/nl80211.h'. I only
> found for the machine readable format how source files with different licenses
> should be addressed in the debian/copyright file. If I am not supposed to
> change the format, should I just add under the overall copyright notice,
> something like this:
>
> The files foo/* are Copyright year 'copyright holder'
> - Short license text -
>
> for the above mentioned files, since it gives me no lintian warnings, or should
> it be done in some totally different way?

The above is correct. Without DEP-5, the format is entirely up to
you. As long as it contains the necessary information, it's good enough.

You can take a look at aalib's copyright file[1] for an example, which
is very similar to what you yourself proposed above.

 [1]: http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/aalib/current/copyright