Re: d/copyright for mrtg-ping-probe (ITA)

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 02:25:11 Robert James Clay wrote:
> > Please inspect the source files of the program to see what they state
> > themselfs. It is not uncommon to see a statement in the source that it
> > is licensed as GPL version 2 or any later value, while the COPYRIGHT
> > file is just the GPL v2 license.  ....
>
>   Ah; good point.  I'll take a closer look at all of the files again.

You can also use (from devscripts package):

  licensecheck --copyright -r .

This will (try ) to list the varioous copyright and licenses found in each
file. Take the result with a grain of salt.

Then you can do also (from cdbs package):

 /usr/lib/cdbs/licensecheck2dep5

Then you can polish the result with your favorite editor or with

 cme edit dpkg-copyright

(install also libconfig-model-tkui-perl) for the latter.

HTH

--
https://github.com/dod38fr/config-model/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
    http://ddumont.wordpress.com/        -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org