Re: is wheezy frozen already?

Le Tue, May 15, 2012 at 01:09:32AM +0200, Arno Töll a écrit :
> On 15.05.2012 00:26, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > when the NEW queue is long, this leaves us some time to make a pre-review to
> > ease the work of the FTP team, by reducing the number of errors they have to
> > deal with.
>
> how would you do that, given packages in NEW aren't publicly accessible
> on purpose?

In my experience, I rarely encountered a package in NEW where neither the
upstream archive nor the debian directory were downloadable from somewhere
else.

A very large number of packages have at least their debian directory stored in
a publicly-accessible VCS, and the changes file indicates the MD5 sum of the
upstream source archive, so all in all, in most of the cases a review is
possible.  And as you noted, the packages are also often available on
mentors.d.n.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy