Re: is wheezy frozen already?

On 15.05.2012 00:26, Charles Plessy wrote:
> when the NEW queue is long, this leaves us some time to make a pre-review to
> ease the work of the FTP team, by reducing the number of errors they have to
> deal with.

how would you do that, given packages in NEW aren't publicly accessible
on purpose?

Yes, I realize debian/copyright is shown on [1], but the most time
consuming part of NEW processing (I guess) is to verify whether a
debian/copyright file actually reflects the state being of a package.
You know it's not like people write into debian/copyright "sorry, not
distributable by Debian".

Your idea only makes sense for packages going through mentors.d.n where
you can actually access them beforehand I fear.

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll