Re: is wheezy frozen already?

On 14/05/12 15:49, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 09:57:42AM +0000, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>
>> I notice that packages have not been taken from the queue for 3 weeks:
>>
>>    http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
>>
> I'd rather see a correlation to the fact that some members of the
> ftpmaster team might be short in time for private reasons than to the
> freeze date.  It might be that some "Do you need some help I could offer
> in terms of 2-3 hours per week" to ftpmaster team would be welcome.

Hi Andreas,

My email was in no way intended to query the quality of the work done by
the ftpmasters, nor was it intended to rush anything or put pressure on
anyone - I understand that most people contribute to Debian on a
voluntary basis.

Being a new contributor of packages to the project, I'm simply trying to
understand the process as best I can

Google had actually found various messages indicating that a freeze may
come in May, and when I saw the graph of packages in NEW, I thought
maybe the freeze had started and I had missed it.

Can anyone help with the ftpmaster work or do you have to be a DD first?

Also, maybe there needs to be some fast-track process from the mentors
site into the archive?  Maybe there can be a box for the sponsor of a
package to tick if he has checked debian/copyright and wants to take on
responsibility for that part of the process?  The fact that every
package goes through a sponsor means that at least 2 sets of eyes have
looked at it.

Regards,

Daniel